ABOUT ST. MARK’S

About our Pastor

Reverend Morais Quissico.

Historic Church in Flatbush

St. Mark United Methodist Church was organized in 1903 by a group of Methodists who had moved from downtown Brooklyn to new homes on Ocean, Church and Flatbush Avenues. The society was known as St. Mark’s Methodist Episcopal Church, and its first pastor, the Rev. John H. Willey, was appointed on April 8, 1903. The Jahn Mansion on Ocean Avenue between Beverly and Regent Place was rented as a place of worship for the young church on April 13 1903. Property on the northeast corner of Ocean Avenue and Beverly Road was purchased for $13,750. On October 20, 1903, the cornerstone was laid for a new edifice, and the completed church was dedicated on March 18, 1906.

Contact

Email: stmarksumcbk@gmail.com

Address: 2017 Beverly Road
Brooklyn, NY 1226

Social